The natural resources of Honduras supply the trade of coffee, sugar cane and tropical fruit, as well as petroleum and textiles, with many of the world’s major countries. Yet economic growth is limited by political instability and drug cartels that compromise security and development.
Access to doctors is limited, and costs are more than the average family can afford. Malnutrition, malaria and high infant mortality rates are common — increasing the need for basic medical support.
Medical Mission Team Details
August 19 – 25, 2017
If you are a doctor, dentist, nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, prayer warrior or just someone with a heart to serve, we invite you to join us on a medical mission team to Finca Bélen, Nicaragua.
- Set up temporary clinics in rural locations (possibly at Missions Door churches or in schools)
- Check in patients with vital signs and description of need/reason for their visit
- Assist with patient moves to a consultation
- Perform medical personnel consults with patients through a translator
- Prescribe medicine, if needed
- Pray with the patient (or have a team member available to do so)
- Transport patient to pharmacy, if needed (pharmacy will provide medicine with instruction)
Ministries Teams Coordinator