Bob Lehman is part of the Strategy and Leadership Team (S.A.L.T.) in a newly-created role—Minister at Large. Bob and Janet have recently launched a new ministry called Mission Recharge, a coaching and caring ministry for pastors, missionaries, ministry leaders and their spouses, especially those facing discouragement and stress related to the daily challenges of life and ministry. Some of their specific responsibilities include:
- Personal coaching and heart care for missionaries and pastors who need a safe and understanding pastor to talk with who is not a ministry supervisor
- Development of resources to help people in ministry survive and thrive in their marriages and ministries
- Training of coaches to expand a network of heart care for people in ministry
- Representation and advocacy for Missions Door at regional church gatherings, in local churches, and among individuals, sharing the overall ministry of Missions Door and encouraging ministry partnerships
- Service on the Strategy and Leadership Team (S.A.L.T.) of the Mission, representing missionary care concerns in the general oversight of the Mission
Bob and Janet were originally appointed as Campus Ambassadors in 1975. For almost nine years they served in campus ministry at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California. In 1984, the Lehmans transferred from campus ministry to church planting, still staying under the Mission but moving to Phoenix, Arizona, to start a new church. After bringing the church to self-support, Bob resigned from the Mission in 1988 and continued to serve as the pastor of the church. Six years later, in 1994, Bob was reappointed by the Mission to serve in the role of New Church Specialist for the Southwest. In 2001, Bob’s territory was expanded to include national oversight of our new church ministry category, now known as Harvest America. Bob served in this Ministry Director role through 2011, and as a new-church consultant until leaving the Mission in 2013, once again to pastor the new church he had started under the Mission. In October of 2018, Bob and Janet were again reappointed by Missions Door to launch Mission Recharge. With over 40 years of ministry experience, including effective ministry in both Campus Ambassadors and Harvest America Church-Planting, Bob brings great ministry and leadership experience to his new role on S.A.L.T.
Bob and Janet met at Northern Arizona University as students. Janet found Christ as her Lord and Savior at a young age, while Bob found Christ in college. Both became significantly involved in Campus Ambassadors, growing in their relationship with Christ and within their community. They married while in college and upon graduation moved to Denver, Colorado.
Bob attended Denver Seminary while Janet worked as a Medical Technologist at a Denver hospital.
Bob and Janet were married in 1973, have four adult children, and 14 grandchildren. They reside in Desert Hills, Arizona, just north of Phoenix.