Dear Missions Door Family and Partners in Ministry,
We are experiencing a world-wide health crisis that is overwhelming in scope and severity. Schools are closed. Graduations, weddings, funerals, and the Olympics have been canceled or postponed. Shelter at home restrictions are common across the U.S. and many other countries.
The health and economic challenges that beset us underscore the importance and urgency of sharing the Good News of new life and forgiveness in Jesus Christ. In times like these, our world needs a Savior! We groan for God’s redemptive purposes to be accomplished in our world (Romans 8:18-25). We yearn for the day when there will be no more suffering, no more illness, no more death (Revelation 21:1-5).
As we face this global crisis, I want you to know some practical steps we’ve taken to respond to the current crisis and abide by the recommendations of health and government officials.
- Travel is limited to essential trips only. We have cancelled the Missions Door board meetings scheduled for April in Denver. Instead, we will meet virtually using video conferencing. Most international and domestic travel has been put on hold.
- We have encouraged our staff and missionary family to follow the guidelines and restrictions imposed by local, state, and national governments.
- Video conferencing is being utilized to continue connecting with people in our ministries, including leadership teams, worship and training events, and our Denver office staff.
- After shelter at home restrictions were mandated in Denver, we officially closed our Denver office to all outside traffic. Most of our staff are working from home.
- We have one or two staff in the office two days a week to process mail and donations. While we are maintaining basic operational functions, there will be slower than normal processing time for donations and receipts.
- Any needs, issues, or questions should be directed to email@example.com. We will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- We are accepting contributions for our International Relief Fund (Account # 00027R) to provide help in severe cases of need among our international ministries where government help is nonexistent.
When circumstances are hard, we are more readily brought to our knees in dependence upon God for His direction, protection and provision. My prayer for our mission family and ministry partners is that we will grow stronger in this crisis, that our lives and ministries will better reflect His character and purposes, and that more people will be added to the family of God.
Thank you for your partnership. God bless you!